What are the features of a structured settlement annuity?
- An income-tax-free series of payments†
- A guaranteed steady stream of payments for your lifetime or a set timeframe
- If you have the flexibility to design a payment schedule as part of your personal physical injury settlement, including payments guaranteed to last your entire life, consider the following facts:
- A Pacific Life structured settlement provides payments that last as long as you need to replace lost earnings, pay for ongoing medical expenses, or provide for a loved one.
- You may defer payments for specified time frames to pay for future needs such as college education.
- A structured settlement annuity allows you to set aside lump-sum payments for large purchases such as remodeling your home or buying a car.
Insurance products are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing company.
†Excludable from gross income under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 104(a)(1) or (2).